Monday, August 07, 2006

Regency Park Game on Friday Night

OK...so I'm playing 2/5 Friday night and find J-8 of clubs on the button and min raise to see if there were any monster limpers seeing how everyone was in this hand so far. No one re-raised me which told me there were no big pocket pairs out there so we saw a flop with 9 people. To my delight the flop comes 9-10 of clubs and the 7 of hearts. Now I am really hoping someone out there had a pocket pair of 7's 8's or 10's. The first two players check, the next player bets out $30 two guys fold and another guy smooth calls (we'll call this guy Bill), I am almost certain "Bill" has a set and is trying to be tricky. I put the first guy on something like A-10. It gets to me with about $100 in the pot and I decide to push a bit and find out how strong these guys are. I make it a flat $125 to go. I feel one of them will fold but thats not the case, the both call. The turn is the sweetest card I have seen in a while, the Q of clubs giving me the straight flush....err the nuts. The first guy to act checks, "Bill" bets $200 and I smooth call, first guy to act folds. The river is another 10 and surely this had to hit Bill right between the eyes. I am hoping he has a boat now. Action is to Bill and he starts hollywooding, after a min or two he best $200. Action is to me and Bill has another $700 in front of him that has my name on it. I make it $500, he immediatly goes all in for his remaining chips and before the last sylable comes out of his mouth I say call and flip over the nuts. He in fact boated up and what a hand that was.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Sa-weet! Now that's a hand! Perfect turn, perfect river. With my luck, if I were in the hand I probably would've rivered quads and lost all my chips...

Rick :-)