Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday PKR Tourney....

Well, it was the finals of the 12 week tourney where a percentage is pulled from each week's purse to make a nice little tourney for the TOP 10 PLUS one wild-card. I won a couple of nice pots early before I ran into Ed Flush... I called the big blind for about 300 in late position and Ed limped in the small position and Carl checked. The flop was A, 2, 5... rainbow. Ed pushes all-in for about 2700 and Carl quickly folds. I am trying to find a reason to fold, but every instinct tells me that he is on a bad ace. I've got close to 10,000 so if I lose, it won't be horrible so I call. He turns over pocket fives and is way ahead. The turn pairs the 2's giving him a full house but give me outs. And, I know it is very unlike me, but I suck out and hit the Ace on the river to make Aces full of two's which beats his fives full of two's. Wow! Runner/Runner suckout.....

Then there was a huge hand when we were down to five players.... Akash moves all in for about 5,500 under the gun. I look down at pocket Jacks and push all-in.... Carl is on the big blind and goes all-in.... What luck! Five handed play and Akash has pocket Kings and Carl has pocket Aces and the Aces hold up..... That really crippled me. I was down to about 1800 chips and doubled up on the next hand with A, Kos. Then with JoeBob first to act, he raises an amount that would put me all-in. I have a small pocket pair and have to decide whether I want to try to hold out for the other small stack to bust out or if I want to try to double up through JoeBob with my pocket pair. I call and he turns over pocket Queens and I'm down to two outs and they don't come.....

Fourth place.... But we did chop in fourth and I won a little bit......

Nice playing guys!

No comments: