Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dave's Donkeydom!

Well, Tuesday night and as usual, things get pretty wild early. I was playing pretty well and had caught a few nice hands but got very few callers. We do have two pretty tight players at table..... Dean (I'll bet on the river..... IF I have the NUTS!) and Randy..... both are the slow rollers of the group. And Randy, not meaning to be spiteful or deceitful slow-rolled me and I got about as upset as I have been at the poker table in a while, but he was very nice about it and I got over it. Dave did slow-roll quads against Dean last night and seemed to really enjoy it..... heck.... I may try it!

There were a couple of hands of significance.... first of all, I got the monkey in early position and waited on someone to bet.... nothing! Quad Kinds waisted.... Nice.... Then a fairly significant hand occured between me and Jim.... one of my favorite people over there and one of the funniest guys that I know. He has signed up to BLOG with us but is having MAC issues.... LOL. At any rate, I've got 6c, 4c, Ad, 2d and the flop is the 6h, 4c, 3c.... Jim is in first positon and bets $22 and Dave, the Juice calls and of course Bill calls and I call.... the turn is 8s and Jim bets $40, Dave folds and Bill calls and I call... The river is my magic card.... the 6d. Jim immediately pushes all in for about $140 or so and everyone folds to me and I call as quickly as I can with the boat and the nut low.... He turns over the 6s, 4d with a no low so I get 3/4 of the pot and half of his all-in chips in front of him.... Nice!

The other big hand of the night came against Dave... go figure! I've got the 6d, 4d, 8h, 3h and the flop comes 2c, 5h, 6s. Dave bets $20 and I raise to $50 and he is the only caller. The turn is the 4d and Dave bets $100. I am trying to figure out what he is betting. Could he have the 7, 8? Could he be on the club flush draw? I actually suspected that the 4 hit his gut shot wheel.... LOL. At any rate, its a little bit of a scary board but I call as I am tired, it is late and I'm ready to roll.... The turn is the 7c... Dave checks and I go all-in. He whimpers and whines and shows me his 3, 6 and folds.... I do show him the 6d, 8h making the nut straight draw.... I was so tired and I didn't even notice that the 7c put the flush on the board. I can't believe that he didn't have them..... it's so unlike him..... So that was nice little pot....

Just another night @ Dave's.....

No comments: