Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tuesday @ Dave's....

Well, last night was a good night for me at Dave's. There were several big hands where I may have laid down the best hand and several where I stayed in with the right pot odds and hit my cards.....

There were a couple of big hands with Bill T that came in perfectly. I like playing pocket aces in Omaha 8 but it is a really hand for me to muck if it doesn't hit. This particular hand I had Ah, Ad, 3c, 5s.... No raises pre-flop and the flop was As, Kc, Kd. I was the big blind and patiently checked hoping that someone had a King and hopefully AK...... it checked all the way around. The next card was the 4s..... A little afraid of the low coming in, but I checked anyway. Bill T bets 30 and there are 2 callers in front of me and I think that it is likely that there are at least a couple of callers after me if I don't raise them out. I decided not to push.... YET. The river was a brick.... no low. I check and it gets to Bill T and he bets 45 and everyone folds to me and I re-raise all-in and Bill calls and turns over the AK...... Talk about a cold deck!

It seems that almost every draw that I was seeking came against Bill last night.... In another hand, I had the 3s, 4s, 5h, 8h and the flop was 2c, 5s, 10h. Bill bets 10 and including my call, there were 6 callers. The turn was 8c and everyone checks to Bill and he bets 15 and everyone calls. The river was the sweetest Ad that I think I have ever seen.... giving me the double nuts. Bill bets 50, everyone folds and I re-raise another 150 and Bill calls and turns over a set of Aces.

There was another hand that didn't quite turn out the way that I had hoped with Bill.... In Omaha 8, I flopped the bottom set of 4's with the flop of 4, 7, 9os. The turn was the 7 and Bill lead out with a 35 bet and I re-raised 70 more. There were 3 callers and the river was a brick. Everyone checked and Bill turned over a bigger boat, 7's full of 9's.

All-in-all though, it was an excellent night at the tables. I'm really looking forward to AC in September!

Back to the felt!

No comments: