Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Monday @ PKR....

Well, I went down to play PKR last night. I don't get out much during the week but at the last minute, my son scheduled a trip to local club for teen night with one of his buddies that isn't far from PKR so rather than make 2 trips down there, I decided to drop him off, go play some poker and then pick him up when he's ready to go. I know... it won't be long till he has his driving license. I haven't figured out whether that is a good thing or not.

At any rate, there were several interesting hands..... most involving Eddie and another guy that I don't know his name and Eddie's girl friend. Let's see....

First big hand of the night for me goes something like this.... I've got Ac, 5c in the big blind .... of course, this is $1/$2 no limit. The entire table and two guys that were walking up old Apex Road called so thinking that I would "change up" my play just a little, decided that I would raise to $8 and there are about 5 callers including Eddie who is in the small blind. The flop comes 2c, 3h, 4d..... nice.... Eddie leads out with an $12 bet, I call and there is one other caller.... don't know the guys name, but he is without question, one of the tightest players at the table.... maybe in the world. At any rate, the turn is the Jh. Eddie bets $30 and I decide it's time to make certain that I don't get sucked out on .... "cheaply." So I raise it up to $75 which is about 1/2 of Eddie's remaining chips and my remaining chips. Eddie immediately pushes all in and now I'm wondering if he has the nut straight as I have the second nut. At any rate, I can't get away from it. Eddie turns over the 2h, 4h. And for once, Ed doesn't screw me on the river.

A little while later, Eddie and I get tied up again, I'm the button and he raises to $12. I check my cards and find AA.... I raise another $40 and he pushes all in for about $12 more. He's got pocket nines and flops a 9 and the ace doesn't come for me. Nice!

Just about 2 later laps, I have Jd, 9d on the button and bump it up to $10 straight and there are 4-5 callers including Eddie's girlfriend. The flop is 7d, 10h, Js and she immediately moves all in from early position with $11 and everyone folds to me. I call and turn over my top pair and gut shot straight draw and in true Ed Flush fashion he proceeds to pair her Queen on the turn and it holds up. Nice!

Probably my favorite hand of the night really wasn't much of a hand... the guy that I mentioned that I don't know his name but really don't care much for..... I've got Ac, 8c on the button and he raises to $8 from early position. There are a couple of callers and I call. The flop is 6h, 9c, 10s. He bets $15 and I call everyone else gets out of the way. For some reason, I'm not putting him on anything very strong and the turn is a 2d. He bets $30 and I call. The turn is a 3c (yep, now my flush draw improves... if only there were River/River). He bets $40 and I re-raise $75. He folds and mumbles something about his cards aren't that strong and shows his paired 6. Just to put him on tilt (hopefully), I turn over my cards to reveal no pair, ace high.... Sweet! He turned even whiter than he is normally.....

The next big hand with him was even sweeter.... about 30 minutes later, he's still talking to himself... and he raises my button to $16. I've got Kc, Jc and although I like Kojak, I don't like calling with it as its very possible that I'm dominated. At any rate, it's my buddy raising... right! So I call along with 3 others.... The flop is Kd, Kh, Jd.... how do I say... OOOooops! At any rate, he bets $24 and the tight as a tick guy calls and of course I call.... The turn is a 2d... Sweet! The flush got there..... Goofy bets $40, the other guy folds and re-raise $75. He calls. The river is the 5d... Sweet! He checks and I bet $75 and he folds and turns over his King.... I laugh and show him the Jack. I love this game when it is working right!

Back to the felt!

No comments: