Monday, August 14, 2006

BIG TOURNAMENT AT PKR THIS SUNDAY!

This Sunday, 8/20, there will be a big tournament at PKR! Buy-in's of $120, with $110 Re-buys for the first hour or so and then a $110 add-on at the end of the re-buy period! I am very excited about it! I would like to see us get a big game going there on a weekly basis.

I believe that JC said that you would get $3,000 for the original buy-in and you can do a re-buy right then or anytime your chip count falls below $2,000. Then the add-on will be an addional $4,000 in chips! It sounds as if you will be able to really play poker! Sweet!

I'll definitely be there and I'll be trying to get as many of my friends plugged in as possible!

4 comments:

Rick said...

Sounds interesting, I'm in. Just don't delude yourself into thinking we'll be playing "real poker." If we keep the same old blind structure, it'll continue to be the same all-in donkeyfest, just with a larger prize pool. The only thing that Might (capital M) slow some people down is the sheer expense of multiple rebuys. We'll see. I like that JC's attempting it though, I hope it works out!

Rick :-)

Surgesilk said...

Its an absurd system at PKR. Lets say the chip leader at the end of the rebuy has tripled up. Not unusual. So after playing well he has 12k in chips. Now look at the small stack; who mcertainly has less than 1000 in chips. The chip leader has a 12:1 lead.
AFter doing a rebuy (2k)and an addon (4K) the short stack now has 7K.
The chip leader is obligated to add on and now has 16K. So his 12:1 commanding lead has now evaporated to less than 2.5:1.
I don't like anything that doesn't reward consistent good play.

Charles R said...

I believe that you'll like it if you play.... this is very similar to other $100 or so re-buy/add-on tournaments that I have seen and makes for a great tourney. Plus the payout with 15-20 players should be at least $1500 for first!

I'm definitely playing and again, I think you'll like it if you play!

Surgesilk said...

Its not that I mind rebuy tourneys... its having the addon chips be more than the buyin chips.
If the buy in gets you 4k in chips, rebuys should be 1-2k and addon 2k.