Thursday, August 03, 2006

I Sure Would Like to Post a "Great Hand", but....

For me, great hands are rarer than finding a $50 whore without open sores....anyway.

Tournament play, UTG I look down at the Hilton Sisters. This is a very aggressive table so I just limp in knowing there will be raises. Lots of callers, the button raises (as they should with just about any two cards in this situation) , the SB folds, the BB reraises. I immediately push all in.
SB calls, BB (who is the big stack) calls. I'm feeling really good when I flip over my queens, until the Button shows cowboys and the BB turns over rockets. Umm..ok I'm screwed.
Flop comes A,K, 10. Just to rub it in, they trip up. Wait, I just need a J for the straight and I can fuck 'em both up. Yeah...no. I'm out.

Raise The Hammer, Biatches.
Your donkey in heat,
Big Slick, Sergio

Surgesilk aka Jeff aka the human ATM

1 comment:

Charles R said...

Wow! I've been in the same kind of funk where I make the right plays and just get drawn out on.... It happened to Rick on Tuesday at Dave's and we're playing short-handed Omaha High Only. Rick flops the nut straight with K, Q with the A, J, 10 flop. He bets and Dave calls. The turn puts two clubs on the board but no pairs. Rick bets and Dave pushes all in with about $800 and of course Rick calls with about $700. Dave turns over (if I remember correctly, no pairs but 4 cards to the flush) and of course hits the club on the river to take down a huge cash pot.

Welcome to other night at Dave's!