Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday PKR Tourney

We ended up playing winner take all tournament. The buy-in was $80 with no re-buys or add-ons. I won the button and that was the sign of good things to come..... Since we bought in for the $80, the table decided that we should receive the regular chip amount PLUS one re-buy chip amount so everyone was starting with $5,000 in chips. Within the first hour, I had pocket Kings twice, pocket Aces twice and several other pocket pairs PLUS big aces several times.

An intersting hand emerged with Tracey..... I am in early position with pocket-rockets and raise the $50/$100 blinds to $400. She re-raises to $1500 and everyone else folds to me and I just call. The flop is Kh, 7s, 4c. I can tell that she cannot wait to bet so I check. She bets $1500 with about $3,000 behind that so I push all-in and she calls. I've got her covered and she turns over pocket 10's. And of course, in true Ed Flush style, the turn is an Ace and the river is a ten!

A little later I get involved in a hand with Scott.... I'm in the big blind and my cards are 9s, 10s... one of my favorite hands. The blinds are $100/$200 and I just check. The flop is 7s, 8s, Qh.... Sweet! I like it! So I pump it up a little with a bet of $500 and Scott calls and Ed calls. The turn is the 6s - ye olde straight flush! So in hopes of letting them catch up. I check and they both check. The river is the Jack of spades which only makes my straight flush higher and I'm praying that one of these guys has a big spade..... but just to be safe, I bet $300 hoping that someone hit a big flush.... Scott calls and Ed folds. Who would have thunk it! Ed, not drawing to a flush! I show the nut straight flush and Scott flopped two pair, 8's and 7's.

I went on to win the event beating Scott with a medium Ace when he pushed all in with J, 9.

No comments: