Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday PKR Tourney....

Well, I was feeling pretty good on the way to PKR today having played a few 1 table tourneys online and won 1 and took 2nd in the other.

I drew Table 1 which appeared to be the one MINUS the action until Jason sat down with us.... I'm in late position with 9h, 10h and raise the $25/$50 blind our first hand to $150 and there are 3 callers including Jason. The flop is 6h, 8s, Jc. Everyone checks to me and I bet $225 and Jason calls everyone else folds. The turn is the Qh and Jason moves all in and I immediately call with the nut straight. He flips over pocket 8s...... Slow playing does not always pay off as I will find out later in the day.... LOL.

Just a couple of hands later.... I've got Kh, Kd and raise the $50/$100 blinds to $300 and Jason immediately raises another $1,000 and gets one caller. I push all in and the both call. Jason has 6h, 8h and X has Ac, 10h. The flop is A, 8, 4.... and the turn a 6 and the river another 8. Jason takes the main pot with a full-house, 8s full of 6s and X wins the side pot with two pair Aces and Eights!

Then I'm in late position with As, Ks.... just a beautiful hand! I raise the $100/$200 blinds to $800 and Jason and Carl call. The flop is 8h, 7s, 2c and Jason raises $600, Carl calls and I don't want to mess around with this since they both don't have a lot of chips. I push all in and Jason calls. He turns over the 6h, 3d and the turn is a 10 and river pairs his 3! LOL. Nice......

Another early hand that I tripled up with was the Ah, 8h in late position. I just limp in and there are 4 other players. The flop is Ac, 8d, 2h and Carl leads out with $1,000 and gets one caller. I move all in with the top 2 and everyone folds to Carl who calls and turns over pocket deuces. I guess I'm rolling good today as I catch an 8 on the river to beat him with a higher full house.

When we finally broke down to 1 table, I had $14,300 in chips which at the time was roughly the average chip stack. Our first or second hand, I am the big blind with the 9d, 4d and just check my option. The flop is 9h, 9s, Jd.... I'd say that hit me pretty good. X bets $1200 and I smooth call. The turn is an Ace.... actually just what I was hoping for.... and he bets $2500 and I call. The river was the fourth 9.... sweet! Get the monkey! He bets $3,000 and I raise $3,000 and he mucks. Of course, Rick says.... "Get the Monkey!" And to be kind, I flip over the quads.....

I get sucked out on by JackZ which really short-stacked me. It's so unlike him..... I don't even want to talk about that hand.... Thanks Jeffrey! LOL.

When we get to 3 handed, Lenny knocked Jack out whenever Jack moved all in with nothing and Lenny turned over the top pair, Kings with a Jack kicker and hit trips on the river. Lenny probably had $50,000 or so in chips to my $20,000. About our 3rd hand in, I get pocket Kings and slow play them in the big blind. The flop is 3h, 5d, 6s and Lenny checks. I bet $10,000 into the $12,000 pot and he moves all in. I call as I believe that this is exactly what I was hoping for was for him to have a soft Ace and hit the under on the flop. OOOoooops. I call and he turns over the 2h, 4d. He flopped the 2nd nut straight and I'm drawing dead to win the pot and can only aspire to tie if the board makes a straight. No such luck.

2nd ..... but it was good enough to put me far enough in front for the points on the season so that if I have to miss next week due to the cruise, it'll be OK.

So there you go.....

No comments: