Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday PKR Tourney....

We played a winner-take-all tournament! $80, no re-buys, no add-ons, what it is is what it is! LOL. At any rate, I'm on the button first hand and pick up Qs, 10s which is pretty good 4 handed... I think. I raise the $25/$50 blinds to $150 and Elvie raises $150 and since I'm in position, I call. The flop is magical.... 8d, 9s, Jd. Elvie was first to act and he bets $500 and I raise all-in. Just in case he is trying to hit a diamond flush. Damn it Jim.... he folds and turns over As, Ks. He broke the fishing line and swam under a log. LOL.

Within 3o minutes, George, who has lost a good portion of his chips to me when we both had two pair, calls an all-in by Larry pre-flop. George has AJos and Larry has AA and they hold up.

George barely gets out the door when I call $100 blind from the small blind with 7h, 9h. There are no raises and the flop comes 9s, 9d, 7c. Sweet.... if only I were in better position. I do slow play and check my first option. Larry bets $300 and Elvie and I both call. The turn is the 4c and I check again. Larry checks and Elvie bets $500 and I just smooth call. Larry raises it $1,000 which almost puts Elvie all-in, but he calls anyway. I re-raise all-in for another $2700 and they both call. Larry only has about $250 left over. He turns over a 9c and a 3d and Elvie doesn't show but he is on a flush draw of some sort and drawing dead. The river is a 10 and Elvie is out and Larry only has a couple hundred left.

I push a couple of times and he folds but he raises all-in with the 6h, 10h and I've got him dominated with the Ac, 10s and my hand holds up! Nice.... And in less than 45 minutes!

Off to the Carnival Cruise lines...... and hopefully, back to the felt!

No comments: