Friday, August 04, 2006

Nickname Quiz

Grinder, The Mouth, Texas Dolly, Jesus, Devilfish, Unabomber... Even casual players that catch the occasional episode of the WPT know these nicknames. Let’s test your knowledge with some lesser known nicknames and see if you’re a real poker fan. Match the following players with their nicknames (answers at end of column):

Names
1. David Pham
2. Doug Lee
3. Gavin Smith
4. Joe Beevers
5. Joe Cassidy
6. John Hennigan
7. John Juanda
8. John Phan
9. Ken Flaton
10. Kido Pham
11. Mike Caro
12. Paul Darden
13. Paul Phillips
14. Randy Jensen
15. Steve Zolotow
16. Thomas Keller

Nicknames
A. Bald Eagle
B. Birdguts
C. Canadian Superbomber
D. Dot Com
E. Dragon
F. Dream Crusher
G. Freeroll
H. Luckbox
I. Mad Genius
J. Razor
K. Sheriff
L. Skyhawk
M. The Elegance
N. The Truth
O. Thunder
P. World

Answers
1E, 2C, 3B, 4M, 5K, 6P, 7H, 8J, 9L, 10G, 11I, 12N, 13D, 14F, 15A, 16O

Results
0-4 You call yourself a poker player?!
5-8 Dude, you need to watch more poker on TV
9-11 Not bad - you have something to add to the poker table conversation.
12-14 Impressive - you keep up with the poker scene!
15-16 Dude, you’re watching way too much poker on TV – Get a life!

See ya at the tables...
Rick

2 comments:

Charles R said...

Hey! Welcome back.... after that stinging bad beat that Dave put on you when you busted out..... and the fact that I didn't hear from you all day yesterday, I thought that we might have lost you for a week or two!

Great quiz.... Thanks!

Rick said...

Nah, you know I'm a big picture kind of guy. Of course it sucks to get drawn out on, but I want that action every time. A suprisingly poor play (even for Dave!), moving in when he knows he's a 4:1 dog. I wonder if he'd flip coins with me. I'll give him $100 each time it's heads, and he gives me $400 each time it's tails. Pretty much the same thing. What do you say, Dave?!

Rick :-)